Saturday, February 14, 2015

Still moving along.....

It's been a couple of weeks since my Whole 30 ended and so far the switch to Paleo has been uneventful.
I made sure to be easy on myself last weekend during the home meet at gym.  Working on eating things that were clean, but not being hard on myself for trying the beans, rice and a few chips with amazing homemade salsa.
This past Friday was a bit of a cheat day as well, with a full Mexican lunch plate (minus the shells and no cheese on the taco fixings, but there was some cheese on the beans) and then stopping at Panda for Ty on the way home from gym (steamed veggies and Terriyaki chicken without the extra sauce). 

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I've felt like I ate too much and was a bit bloaty by the end of the day.

Today is a cleaner day and am already feeling better for it. 

I've also made it through the Valentine's season without devouring bags (yes, plural) of candy hearts.  (Although there has been some lusting over them in the store aisles).
Now to move through the Easter season without jelly beans (not just regular jelly beans, Sweet Tart Jelly Beans).
It's a struggle.
A silly one, but hard when it tries to consume my thoughts.
Oh, and a root beer still sounds like heaven.  (Barq's, from the fountain at Jack in the Box) 

Phew, sugar demons are a bitch!


I still need to improve upon the same things I listed before:
Cook more meals ahead
Eat more veggies.
Make more sauces and dressings to enhance foods
Figure out a coffee creamer recipe that makes me swoon.  
Exercise


No comments: