Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weight: 205.4

So this last week hasn't been stellar on the running, just too damn busy to get it all in. I did run some, but they weren't great and felt a bit labored.

Today I set out to lay down the 3 miles I was supposed to do, per my training schedule. I did a bit longer walking warm up that seamed to help and took off. The first mile was okay, it was done and that was about that. Between mile 1 & 2 I came to the revalation that I've been running too slow. Remembering back to the Chi Running book that talked about cadence, the actual beats that your feet hit the ground. They say that no matter the tarain, your cadence should stay the same. You should adjust your stride length for hills and flats. So that's what I focused on, I picked up my cadence and adjusted my length up and down the hills. It worked! My legs felt better and less strained and my time improved drastically.

Today run was a total of 3.12 miles, done in 52 min, making my average 16:41 per mile.

HOORAY!

Today told me that I'm good to run this 5k in a couple of weeks. Now that I know my secret, I can apply and get the miles down.

No comments: